Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School - Sept 2nd

Today was my first day at school and I think Mommy and Daddy were more nervous than I was. Daddy was so excited he got up at 5AM! Mommy dressed me in some hip new duds so I'd look cool on my first day of class. (I've got a "rep" to live up to people!)

My school is located at Oak Grove Methodist Church and I had to be there at 9AM sharp. Way too early!

Even though I love them, I have to admit Mom and Dad looked like a couple of dorks snapping my picture every 5 minutes. Come on guys, you're embarrassing me in front of the older kids. Did I mention my "rep?"

Mom and Dad eventually left me, and I was fine for a while, but when I realized I was going to be there for 3 solid hours without my Gwinchy, I got pretty upset, and I let the teachers know it too!

School was OK, not great. We played on the playground and we had a special teacher who taught us music, which I really enjoyed. We didn't play any Springsteen, but it was fun. I'm looking forward to Thursday though- word on the street is that we'll get to color with crayons. My favorite!

Eventually Mom and Dad showed up after snack time and I was happy again. Boy was I tired, this school stuff is hard work.